Student visas are temporary visas that allow people to come to Australia to study at an approved Australian educational institution.
Student visa options
ELICOS Sector Student Visa (subclass 570)
This visa subclass is for international students who want to study English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students (ELICOS) in Australia. If the English language course is a prerequisite to another course, you must apply under the subclass relevant to the principal course (course packaging).
Schools Sector Student Visa (subclass 571)
This visa subclass is designed for international students wanting to study in Australia and whose main course of study is a primary school course, a secondary school course, or an approved secondary school exchange program.
Vocational Education and Training Sector Student Visa (subclass 572)
This visa subclass is for international students applying to study in Australia and whose main course of study is for Certificate I, II, III, and IV, Diploma or Advanced Diploma.
Higher Education Sector Student Visa (subclass 573)
This visa subclass is designed for international students wanting to study in Australia and whose main course of study is for a bachelor degree, graduate certificate or graduate diploma.
Postgraduate Research Sector Student Visa (subclass 573)
This visa subclass is designed for international students who want to complete a Masters degree by research or a Doctoral degree in Australia.
Non-Award Sector Student Visa (subclass 575)
This visa subclass is for international students who want to complete a non-award course that does not lead to an Australian award in Australia.
AusAID or Defense Sponsored Sector Student Visa (subclass 576)
This visa subclass is designed for international students who are sponsored by AusAID or Defence to studyin Australia.
Student Guardian Visa (subclass 580)
This visa subclass is designed for the legal custodian or relative of a Student Visa holder in Australia to accompany the visa holder as a student guardian.
Common issues with student visas include:
- Difficulties to select the appropriate course and provide reasons for wishing to study your proposed course
- Failing to satisfy the Genuine Student requirement
- Difficulties to calculate the financial requirements and provide evidence of sufficient funds
- Not providing the relevant supporting documentation with the application or providing bogus or fraudulent documents
- Underestimating the time required for the visa preparation and processing
- Lodging an invalid application
- Breaching visa conditions
How can we help you?
We offer expert advice on any difficult issues that may arise when applying for a student visa, including:
- Providing the best comprehensive and easy to understand migration advice that fits your long-term goals
- Understanding the visa requirements, especially the financial requirements
- Lodging decision-ready applications to make sure that you are able to start your studies in Australia as soon as possible
- Advising on extending your stay in Australia, including changing to another visa subclass
- Advising on visa conditions
- Getting results with minimum stress and worry for you
Other visa options you are may be interested in include
Partner & Spouse Visas
Employer Sponsored Visas
Appeals and Reviews
If you would like to discuss your student visa eligibility, please contact us to discuss your goals and the detailed visa requirements.